The Rock is Love: Family Issues

When 4 adults have to live 24/7 under the same roof...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What I Like About...

May 10, 2006

Oh, stars, PLEASE tell me you didn't think this was some ode to that set of pamphlets you can find at the ABC, or the iiw series that was broadcasted about 25 years ago! But alas, if you did, I can only disapoint you...

I've decided that, in my desperate attempt to actually LEARN to LOVE my parents, who just honestly don't seem to care much for me as a person (they don't want me here anymore, excepting to pay them rent when I have a job, and to fix their PC when they bust it), I'm going to here make lists of things I like about each of them. Perhaps that's not the best way to start, but um, since no one has offered up any better suggestions, then I suppose this will have to do. I had once thought of buying mom some little trinket or something, but that didn't pan out, and it would have been fake anyway. It would not have shown her anything good about herself as a person. So, though I have no intention of ever showing either of them this blog (that's the only way I can be really honest about things with the rest of you, because they would find multiple ways of punishing me just for telling my friends the TRUTH about what I'm going through), I am going to attempt to tell you all good things about both mom and dad.

Mom
  1. Is very dedicated to the things she's interested in
  2. Plays with Jeff once a day
  3. Takes good care of his basic survival needs (see Maslo)
  4. Pays for my stuff when I'm out of work
  5. Folded the clothes I forgot in the dryer over the weekend
  6. Sat with me to watch the Google Videos I wanted to show her for Mother's Day. She really liked them.
  7. Let me spend some money on Laura's baby-gift and a wedding-gift too :D
  8. I just remembered how she took me swimming when I was about 4, and ice skating when I was around 4 - 6, and just a couple times after that when I was 11 or 12. That was really nice of her.
Dad
  1. Plays with Jeff once every couple of days
  2. Enjoys his small business
  3. Cares about democracy (in politics)
  4. Wants to think the best of total strangers
I'll add more to these lists later as I think of other things. For now, perhaps only having 4 things about each to remember is a good thing - it's less confusing and gives me something to focus on when I'm trying to remember that whole "Jedi" thing.

May 15, 2006

Though this last week has been rather turbulent, I have found other things to add to my list of things I like about mom. Um, well, dad's kind of on my "boycot" list at the moment as I'm just not able to deal with him right now. Night before last, he told me to leave. Long story short, I won't be leaving today or something, but it is going to happen soon. Anyhow, please read what I added to the list of things I like about mom.

May 16, 2006

Well, today I cooked lunch (some kind of stir-fry over white rice), and mom and dad both said it was good. They never compliment what I do, so this was a good thing. And VERY unexpected. I wonder if they (dad) regret telling me to leave??? Well, God told me to start packing, so that's what I'm doing. Only He knows what'll happen next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home