The Rock is Love: Family Issues

When 4 adults have to live 24/7 under the same roof...

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Perfectionists Prayer (Part IV)

Dear God,

I know now that You, the King of the Universe, are in and above all things, which You control completely. You are in control of everything I think is "good" or is "bad" and You use everything that happens to Your Glory and Advantage, which is really to my advantage. I have no power, no control, over anything in my life now. You will take care of everything and I need not worry. I need only to Trust You to take care of me, my life, and those around me and their lives.

Thank You for showing me how to forgive the arrogant, the rude, the annoying, the selfish, the prideful, the hurtful... I want to see beyond their walls and reach their hearts, but more than that, thank you for showing me that I need to leave them in Your capable Hands and just not worry about them anymore.

Thank You for seeing beyond my walls, reaching my heart with yours, and for forgiving me for all these things too. Thank You for taking my shame, blame, fear, and self-loathing. Thank You for Freeing me so that I can fly on Your Wings, in Your Heart, with Your Love to keep me going!

You ARE everything. I am nothing, yet to You, I mean everything.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home